Monday, June 02, 2008

the Girls

I have been getting a few requests lately for some pictures of the girl's. It has been a while since I have posted any and the last ones they were all bundled up for skiing. Here are the most recent pictures we have of Sadie and Emma. These were taken about one month ago in preparation for their dance recital.
Sadie

Emma

A word about dance recital....
I love being a dad. I love my kids. I love that my kids have the opportunity to be in dance. I love that they enjoy dance. I am not so fond of the recital. Why? It is very long....... 3 hours for two nights. I don't sit still very well (my mom used to tell me this every Sunday) and the three hours of recital is a bit much for me. Now for others... it is outstanding. I will admit that as my kids have gotten older, it is much more bearable because they are in more dances. When we started this, I got to watch 2 dances out of 40, now it is up to almost 10 out of 40. Please don't get me wrong, the recital is done well, only it is long. This year I heard one husband, at the conclusion of the recital, look at his wife and say "I never want to hear you complain about the length of a football game again." Well said. I simply thank God, every year, for games on my cell phone, otherwise I may not make it.

No comments: