Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Been a long time....

It has been quite a while since I last informed about what is going on with us. I apologize. I have seen many of you in the last few weeks, so you are somewhat caught up on our happenings. However here are some recent highlights.

Guatemala 08
Rene' and I lead a team of 21 High School students and 4 adults to Guatemala. It was another fantastic trip. I have been to Guatemala around 8 times (I think) and each time it is another reminder to me that we can make a difference in our world as we branch out and go where the people are. I know of no better experience for people to watch real growth in their life as when they spend their own personal time investing into others, especially when the other person is so much less fortunate (monetarily speaking only) than yourself. The high school student we took dove in to the projects we were working on and completely let their hearts go to the children we were working with. Here is a picture of our team in front of the church we worked with and painted.

Rene and I at the ancient ruins of Tikal. This is the spot where they filmed the overhead shots in Star Wars "Return of the Jedi" on the Forest moon of Endor.

If you ever get the chance, go on a missions trip. It not only will change your perspective on the world, it will change your life. A trip like this, or any other, will give you a more contextual idea of what Jesus was trying to get us to do when he challenges us in Matthew 18.

No comments: