Wednesday, August 01, 2007

the last camp...


I just finished up, a week ago, our annual summer Xcursion. I went in knowing that this was going to be my last camp and I told myself that I wouldn't get emotional, yet I did one time. Whenever I speak of the trials of leading Raft Rally 1993 (the shot put to the head year), coupled with the knowledge that my student ministry days are nearing a close caused me to start to tear up one morning.
This year I did something I have never done. I spoke in the morning, telling some of the best camp moments I have witnessed and tying biblical truth into each talk. It was fun, but I have to say that after this camp, I am not so sure that it will be the last. I am getting a lot of (good) pressure to do another one. The high from this year, mainly because of the quality of students that went, has been incredible and I have found some good self worth in preparing and leading events such as this. So... although I am not sure that I will ever lead a camp for high school students ever again, I am not completely ruling it out in the future.

No comments: