However, I recently asked my beautiful wife if I could be in the latest play she is directing. It is Andrew Lloyd Webber's "Joseph and His Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat." Both Sadie and Emma are in it and the entire cast is made up of many of my high school students (the entire play in being done by our church and the cast and crew are all between the ages of 10 and 18). Rene' said I could be in the show and she wanted me to play Jacob, the dad to all of these kids. I was pretty excited, however she told me that I needed to grow my hair and beard. Uggggghhhh. I haven't grown my hair in years let alone grow my hair and my beard. So I have.
I had forgotten what it is to wake up and have half of my hair flat and the other half looking like I had a bad hair gel experience. Forgotten was what it feels like to have your hair blow in the wind (as well as my beard). It is all coming back... and I can't wait to shave my head again! I have not cut my hair or shaved in over 2 months and I still have about 2 more to go. My idol at the present time is John the Baptist.
I am now being called "mountain man" and "Grizzly Adams." Some have even told me that they would like to send me a housewarming present for my new cave (thanks Pete!). I am hearing it all.
Don't get me wrong, there are people who look great with long hair and beards. I used to.... But even though I still think I look great, I prefer to shave my head.
Enjoy the picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment