Sunday, October 15, 2006

More on Wes

Wes came to church last night. He brought his grandparents and I haven't heard whether or not he enjoyed it. (I had to leave church early and go to the Motley Crue concert.... old habits die hard). Now before you start thinking Wes is softening by coming to church, let me assure you that the only reason he was there was because I made him. I have a little power over him and I used it, however we did hang out together and I introduced him to a lot of people. I love helping him with his social interactions. He is a great guy as you get to know him better.
After hearing a discussion about small groups (he heard this in our weekly staff meeting that I also make him go to), Wes said that he wanted to start a small group for agnostics. A place for people who have doubts about Christianity, God, etc. can go and interact with one another. I told him if he put it together I would do whatever I could to help. He is working on it. I am hoping he will let me go at some point and interact with this group.
Our latest conversation came around this question: "Who created the flood of Noah?" Wes says that if God did it then He is guilty of premeditated murder since God planned it for over 120 years as Noah built the ark. How would you answer Wes? I will tell you what my answer was and our interaction in a future post.

No comments: