Thursday, July 20, 2006

Plan B

Well we weren't able to pull off Road Rage this year so we went with Plan B. It was a time that 50 of us spent at Rathbun Lake and hung out by the lake and in our familiar camp. It was one of the best retreats I have been a part of. We looked at our lives and the life of our ministry through the words of the prophet Jeremiah (chapter 7 to be exact). We spent the days on and by the lake and the evenings by the campfire; through all of it we had a lot of fun and hopefully we were challenged by what we heard.
I have to say that I was a little amazed... that I can still do a back flip off of an inflatable island in the middle of our cove. I remember doing back flips off of the rafts in the Deschutes River, nearly 20 years ago. I thought I would ache the next day, but I was fine. I also showed the camp my Jedi powers by answering just about every question concerning music hits of the 80's. I think I showed that I had absolutely no life.... and.... that I am a wealth of useless information. I have added the pictures from our time together, enjoy.

No comments: