I'm sitting in Minneapolis right now because I am finishing up my Master's Degree in Transformational Leadership (I graduate on June 3rd). People ask me what exactly is my degree. The best way I can describe it is that it is a program that takes the leadership found in an MBA and the theology found in an M. Div and combines it.
As I sat in class today, I realized how much I have learned not only about leadership in these last three years, but how much I have learned about myself.
Leadership and the development of leaders continues to interest me as I watch how ministry and organizations are shaped by the leadership represented. One of the keys about leadership that is a universal truth is that for effective leadership to sustain itself, it must reproduce itself; meaning that effective (or transformational) leadership must be focused on others first and not yourself. If, as leaders, we all focus on the needs of the people around us, our needs will sufficiently be met. Take that to the bank. The problem is that we become focused or consumed on our own agenda's, clouding our perspective of what will help guid people.
All this to say... I am almost done. What is next for me? I am not sure, but I do know that it will continue to deal with leadership in real and practical ways.
I'm curious, what do you think makes an effective leader? Comment back to me your response, I would love to hear it.
I am also posting some pics of Easter. The great Easter egg hunt in our yard with all the cousins. Savannah (Simone's daughter) came out to visit us with Grandma and Grandpa. We love having her with us!
Monday, April 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment